Monday, November 26, 2007


This posting here will supercede my report on the birthday celebration that i had over the weekend. This heartbreaking news that i got during my BBQ is something that totally shocked and saddened me. It is truly and really sad to see someone to go so soon much less not one but five of them.
It was during my BBQ party that someone mentioned to me about the dragonboating incident that took place and had caused the lives of 5 Singaporean. What caught my attention was one of them was the Mister Singapore World 2006. The initial pique interest on the guys where mostly on the fact that he is some sort of a celebrity. SO the interest brought me to scourge for the news that had reported the incidents and what was the initial curiosity became something that touched me tremendously and one that left me in tears knowing someone great like him was lost at such an early age. Yes in matter of hours he click to my heart and have be bawling.
Mr Reuben Kee, Mister Singapore World 2006 was not just your regular jock. He is someone who has a deep passion for the arts particularly music. Despite his lean tall musculatory frame lies a sensitive heart that beats tremendously for people around him. His coaching to the kids in swimming, his motivations training his fellow school mates and his magical soft touch that brings many great tunes and composition left me in awe of this guy. A much living legend living right on this small island here where i reside. How can i not bawl my eyes out knowing that he is a regular guy that live and breathe the same air i did. We must have patronise the same Orchard road many times and now this guy who could have become something great is gone. His potentials no one will ever get to see. I read his blog his last entry seems like he knew something was wrong.
Well, I knew from reading that he wants to make an impact on the world and make changes for the world and impact people. Well in his life he did impact alot and whoever reads this and Reuben himself i want him to know that even in his death he has impact people. One person for sure he is impact me tremendously. In the spasm of just 23 years of his life, he has done so many things some people takes a lifetime to achieve. In 23 years many people were affected by him. Many people missed and love him.
I want to go away like that. I want to go away knowing that my life has impact many others. I want people to know me that i am someone who live life to the fullest and to the parents of Reuben my condolences for your lost. I cant imagine how you feel right now. Losing a son watching him grow and to have him leave before you must be a pain no parents should bear. My heart goes out to you. But your son has been a source of inspiration for many and more to come.
This is my tribute to you Reuben Kee. You will always be a source of inspiration for me. Trust me big changes will come my way and you will be someone i look up to. You shall see. Rest in peace. My condolences to the other 4 dragonboaters who have lost your lives. It is really waste and sad to see life wasted at such a time where your talents and gifts coul have benefitted many people.
May god always be with you.

2 comments:

XGargoyle said...

This was a wonderful article that brought me tears into my eyes. I had the luck to knew him and was able to follow all the progresses he did in the last years. Reu's feats not only inspired us during his lifetime, but also his death is giving a reason for improvement to many people in this world. Only God knows what else Reuben would have been able to accomplish, but as you said, he did more than most people in just 23 years.

Thanks for the excellent post.

Fazzy Wazzy said...

Hi Adam

Thank you for dropping by my blog to read the particular tribute to Reuben. You been lucky to have witness the gentle giant in his triumph in life. he may be gone but i sure he lives in your heart always.. God bless him and you.. I cant see your website or blog but well i hope you get to see this reply.