Monday, August 27, 2007



Yesterday I did my Sheares Bridge Run/Army Half Marathon. Another Great and uplifting achievement that i manage to accomplish this year. But that will be reported in my later entry. This entry came from me watching like 8 episodes of Ghost Whisperer back to back at home and one particularly key part of one of the episode caught me there due to the dialog and i thought i post it cause i guess its a very powerful message on perspective.


The scene was Melinda Gordon(Jennifer) was consoling her husband who was almost ready to throw out the towel because of his job(paramedic) and he lost one of the accident victim under his care. The dialog not verbatim are as follows :

Guy : I worked as a paramedics each time i try my very best to save them so that i can protect you so they will not die and wont come to you to help them finish their unfinished business.

Jennifer : (look adoringly at husband)

Guy : Have you noticed that we both are in the same related business, dealing with death?

Jennifer : Meaning?

Guy : I work as a paramedics attending to patients involve in all sort of accidents and ailments and you speaks with the dead helping them with their unfinish business..

Jennifer : Honey, why do you call it the death business? you work with the paramedics and you yourself is one. You work on the people to bring them life to give them a new breathe of life, another chance another shot at life. I bring them hope and make peace with them so that these earth bound spirits can cross over to the other world, and let the one that still living to have a new fresh start to continue living and doing what they must do in this world.

Guy : sigh

Jennifer : I don see what we do as a job dealing with death. I see what we do as a job dealing with life. Death is just a part of it.

They kissed passionately.

It is such a simple conversation but how the perspective is so different can be seen so strongly in the conversation. Highly recommended to watch. The show keeps your feet grounded and reminds you about many a things we take for granted. Even life itself.

No comments: