Thursday, August 23, 2007


Thats me. My failed attempt to appear patriotic two days after Singapore's 42nd National Day. Though I work for the Government and was born a Singaporean and well live my whole 24 years of my life here in Singapore, sad to say I am not as patriotic about Singapore as I should be.

No doubt Singapore is a very efficient Government and all but well there just too many things that I have encountered in Singapore that makes me feel very marginalised and discriminated. In many ways Singapore will always be advance and forth coming and yet in every step they take move forward there will always be social step backwards which Singapore will and always take.

There are times where i loathe being here in Singapore. Maybe because of the people sometimes. I don deny it might never be better elsewhere. Like the saying goes, the pasture always looks greener on the other side. Well, to me no harm checking that out for all you know its might not be a greener pasture but a better suited pasture for your taste. the word greener pasture is very subjective. To each his own, so one man's poison maybe another man's honey.

I working here in right now. A very secured job. Very mildly nothing to be proud of pay that i bring home. Decent enough though. However i don know how much more of this i can take. Its been a good ride. I getting pretty apt at what i am doing but its just maybe the other implications of working in here that drives me out of here.The importance of the staff here isnt about the lower division. its the upper division. To make matter worse, some of us are subjected to scrutiny not because of the way we work but because of who we are. Its a shame and insulting but one must bite the bullet and just swallow. I learnt sometimes avoiding battle is better than facing it head on. Such are the lessons in life you will learnt. Almost everythingi is not fair, so just bite the bullet and take your fair share of the work.

I angst now. Well there are so many things to take care now. I don have my other half single, aint getting lucky in the bed, aint enjoying much cause busy with work and school. I need LOVE people LOVE.


No comments: