Thursday, December 06, 2007


My mind now is like the rat here. One small rat taking on the big world. Pretty daunting and quite honestly its one damn darn of a scary deal. I am currently at a cross road again. Its not about personal but more of a career sort of thing.
There are a few thoughts that been running through my brains and these pros and cons are taking a sort of hold on me. I easily get distracted and kind of hard to concentrate at work because i do not know whether my next decision would make my life better or worse.
My current job is good. Nothing much to complain but the obvious discern on the remunerations is a level of concern for me because its fairly obvious we are not rank some sort of priorities in terms of remunerations. In short they make us seems we are a dispensable lot. Irregardless of countless feedbacks, i fail to see any improvement or any fight for our cause and from the history of how the work place function, changes are expected to move at a glacial pace. The increment is so paltry i rather not mentioned it. The only good thing is there are bonuses coming along. Other than that, nothing else seems to be exciting or remotely to look forward to.
The job i applying offers a whole 500 dollars more. It is super enticing. Work wise basis there are higher and faster chances of one moving because its expanding and some arenas are pretty much in baby state. Company well established and you get to widen contacts and travel i guess at some point of time.
Base on the above, its kinda of a lopsided argument with the obivous choice of answers on which one to choose. However as everyone knows the other side might not always be a greener side. Everyone knows that. My worries is what if this change of step going cost me more than it benefits me.
In life everything involve a risk, if i truly change then i be back to square one learning about mixing with the dynamics of people, adapting to the corporate culture. Doing all i can to fit in again after fitting in here at my work place after like 2 yrs. Is this the right career move for me? My worries i guess is valid. it stands. What decision should i take? To move or not to move.

No comments: